Facebook promotions terms and conditions
Last updated 13 March 2018
- From time to time, Booster Financial Services Ltd (the promoter) runs competitions, contests or prize draws (promotions) on the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/boostermoneynz (the Booster NZ Facebook Page).
- By entering into any promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including any specific entry instructions (together the terms and conditions), when entering any promotion on the BoosterNZ Facebook Page.
- Note that the terms and conditions for a specific contest are at the end of this document and, where relevant, supersede relevant sections in the terms and conditions that are set out before them.
Can I take part?
- You can enter any promotion on the Booster NZ Facebook Page if you meet the entry criteria set out below and any specific entry instructions.
- You can enter a promotion if you’re living in New Zealand.
- You must be 13 years of age or older to enter. If you’re under 18 years of age, you must get the consent of your parent or guardian before entering the promotion. Some promotions may have age requirements, which will be specified in the Facebook post or other promotional method.
- You must have a valid Facebook account.
- You must submit your entry via the Booster NZ Facebook Page.
- You cannot take part if you or a member of your immediate family works for the promoter. You cannot take part if you or a member of your immediate family works for the third-party prize suppliers or prize-handlers.
- The promoter reserves the right to check that participants are eligible for the promotion and to disqualify any participant who is not eligible in the promoter's reasonable opinion. The promoter may disqualify winners who are ineligible and award their prize to another participant.
How can I enter?
- You don’t need to buy anything to take part in a promotion but you must have internet access and a valid Facebook account.
- You must follow the specific entry instructions as outlined in the relevant post on the Booster NZ Facebook Page or any other Booster NZ social media presence, website, email communication or other promotional method. You are included in the promotion only if you follow these instructions and meet the terms and conditions. You won’t receive confirmation from the promoter that you have entered the promotion.
- You may only enter the promotion once, based on name, same address, email, IP address, unless the promotion specifies otherwise. If you enter more than once, you may be disqualified.
- You may not submit bulk entries or submit on behalf of third parties.
- Each promotion will open from the time that the relevant contest post is made on the Booster NZ Facebook Page or when specified. The promotion’s closing date will be specified in the contest post. If you enter after this time, your entry will not be valid, even if it seems to be registered.
- If your entry is lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or is a multiple entry, it will not be entered into the promotion. The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries, or emails/communications that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Your entry must be original, and cannot infringe on the rights of any third parties.
- When you submit your entry, you grant the promoter an unlimited, freely assignable, royalty-free licence in any intellectual property rights or other rights vested in your entry.
What can I win? What happens if I win?
- The prizes you could win will be specified in the relevant post on the Booster NZ Facebook Page. The number of prizes may be specified in advance.
- After the promotion’s closing date, winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries, unless the promotion specifies otherwise.
- Where the competition includes an element of skill (e.g. design production or caption writing), a panel of judges will select winners based on merit. Any judge may be an employee or other related person of Booster.
- The promoter will notify winners via a reply to their comment or private message within 7 days of winning the prize. If you win, you’ll receive your prize by post or email within 28 days of being notified.
- If you win, it is your responsibility to supply the correct postal address or email address to which a prize is to be sent via direct message to the promoter on Facebook. If your prize is returned to the promotor or prize-handler due to incomplete delivery, the promoter will contact you to check your address before re-sending. If your prize is returned to the promotor or prize-handler a second time, or the promotor or prize-handler cannot contact you, you will forfeit your prize and will no longer be able to claim it.
- The prize is as stated in the corresponding contest post. If you win, you cannot get a cash alternative in whole or in part and you cannot transfer it to another person and cannot exchange, assign or redeem it for cash. However, if circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control mean the prize isn’t available, the promoter may offer you an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The promoter awards the prizes 'as is' with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
- If you win and do not claim the prize after 14 business days of the promotion’s ending, and if the promoter has made reasonable efforts to contact you, the promoter has sole discretion to distribute the prize (including without limitation by deeming the prize to be null and void). There is no liability to winners or other participants.
- If you win and cannot take up a prize, the promoter will not be liable or responsible and you will not be entitled to an alternative prize.
- The promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to the promotion.
- The name and address of the winner(s) will be published on the Booster NZ Facebook Page within 28 days of the published closing date. The promoter will not enter into further correspondence.
- If you win, you may be required to take part in promotional activities. The promoter reserves the right to publish names, photographs and city of the winner(s) to announce them without the need for additional payment or permission.
What about my personal information?
- The promoter will only collect your personal information to manage and administer the promotion. This includes contacting you via Facebook, email or telephone. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences you may have with the promoter.
- By entering a promotion, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to the promoter's subsidiaries, service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the promotion. The promoter will never provide your personal information to third parties for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
- Your personal information will be held on record as necessary to administer the promotion and then securely destroyed. However, should your information provided to us as part of the promotion (or for any other reason) change, including changing prior to the promotion being drawn, you may access your personal information we hold about you, and can ask us to correct any errors or to delete the information we hold about you. If you ask us to delete information we hold about you prior to the promotion being drawn, you will be disqualified from the promotion.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, the promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage, injury or disappointment whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion. This includes any damage to the participant’s or any other person's computer or mobile phone equipment as a result of downloading or accessing any materials.
- The promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. When you enter the promotion, you agree to release Facebook from any liability associated with the promotion.
- The promoter will not be responsible for third-party products and services offered as prizes and such prizes will be subject to third-party providers' standard terms and conditions.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the promoter will not enter into discussions on the running of any promotion via posts on the Booster NZ Facebook Page, but will respond to questions via direct message to the Booster NZ Facebook Page.
- Any participant posting or seen to be posting comments on the promoter’s Facebook page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered illegal, bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants and fans of Booster, or which disparage the promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook to such behaviour, and participants or Facebook members may have their Facebook accounts frozen pending investigation.
- The promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw or amend any promotion owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law. New Zealand law shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of a promotion.
- If the promoter has any reasonable grounds to believe that a participant has breached these terms and conditions, it has the sole discretion to invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the participant, at all stages of the promotion.
Wellington Resilience Chocolate Bar Prize Draw
- The draw is open for entry from Thursday 26 July 2018 and closes midnight Thursday 2 August 2018.
- The prize is 3 x Wellington Resilience Chocolate Bars, with a recommended retail price of $15.00 each.
- See “Can I take part?” for standard Facebook Promotions entry criteria.
- Participants must ‘tag’ a friend in the directed Facebook post as well as meet the criteria set out in 3. to enter the competition.
- The prize will be drawn on Friday 3 August 2018.
- The winners (3 successful entrants) will be notified by email or telephone on Friday 3 August 2018.
STUDENT PRIZE DRAW Win $1000 kick-start for your Booster KiwiSaver Scheme account
1. The draw is open for entry from 16 February 2018 and closes on 30 June 2018.
2. The prize is NZ$1000 credited to the winner’s Booster KiwiSaver Scheme account by 10 July 2018.
3. Entry is open only to only to New Zealand residents or citizens who are tertiary students and who meet all the following conditions, namely who:
a. are enrolled at one of the following in New Zealand:
i. university, technical college, institute of technology, polytechnic, industry training organisation or wānanga recognised by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority or Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara.
b. are enrolled in a course lasting a minimum of 3 months.
c. are enrolled continuously from the opening date until the closing date of the contest.
d. are eligible to join KiwiSaver.
e. join the Booster KiwiSaver Scheme by midnight on 30 June 2018.
f. supply valid and up-to-date email address and mobile phone number when they join.
g. send both sides of valid student ID to [email protected] by midnight on 30 June 2018.
4. Members who join the Booster KiwiSaver Scheme between 16 February 2018 and 30 June 2018 and who fulfil the above entry criteria will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
5. The prize will be drawn on 9 July 2018.
6. The prize will be awarded to a member of the Booster KiwiSaver Scheme who meets all the following conditions, namely who:
a. joins the Booster KiwiSaver Scheme between 16 February 2018 and 30 June 2018.
b. fulfils the entry criteria stated in point 3 above.
c. is a member of the Booster KiwiSaver Scheme as at midnight of 9 July 2018, with no transfer-out pending.
7. The winner will be notified by email or telephone.
Booster Financial Services Limited, PO Box 11872, Manners Street, Wellington 6142